Since 2012 Peace Lutheran has been working to help hungry children around the world by holding an annual food pack. Working with Worldwide Hunger Relief of Waukesha, WI, we have sent hundreds of thousands of vitamin fortified rice/soy meals to children in Haiti and in Liberia.
Peace Lutheran has organized hundreds of volunteers each year since 2012, who come together on Valentines weekend to show that they have a heart for hungry children. Each year there is a wonderful mix of church members and people from our community. We have young families, teens and seniors all working together in teams of eight to assemble the vitamin fortified rice, soy and dehydrated vegetable meals. God has surely blessed this event each year!
- 2012 57,888 meals packed and sent to Haiti
- 2013 84,024 meals packed and sent to Haiti
- 2014 102,816 meals packed and sent to Haiti
- 2015 124,062 meals packed and sent to Liberia, West Africa
- Our 2016 goal was to pack 131,210 meals so that our 5 year total would be 500,000 meals packed for hungry children
Each year we fund-raise to pay for these meals and amazingly we always end up with what we need. God is so great!